Many a time’s women are faced with relationships that take time to reach the next level which is marriage. Sometimes you see the signs of commitment but no action is taken whereas some do not even show a sign of wanting to meet your aunts in the near future.
In another situation, the relationship is struggling and the one thing that comes to mind is falling pregnant. I’m here to tell you this today, DO NOT DO IT. Falling pregnant will not a secure a relationship.
So not to totally write off the idea, there is that girl that stayed opposite your house that fell pregnant and immediately got married. Traditional and white wedding all happened before the baby was even born. In some rare cases bringing a baby into the world can bring a couple closer together.
Having a baby can create a bond that encourages mature personal growth and strengthens a couple’s commitment to each other but that doesn’t happen overnight, and more often, it doesn’t happen at all.
Why this is a Bad Idea
- A struggling relationship only becomes more complicated and typically ends up dissolving faster when additional pressure is put on one or both partners.
- Having a baby on the way can fan the flames of discontent and insecure attachment. “Pregnancy immediately changes the dynamic of the relationship and causes estrangement it’s hard for men to understand what women are going through, creating a divide,” says Craig Malkin, Ph.D., a psychologist in Cambridge, MA. Especially when it’s not something he signed up for willingly suddenly being responsible for the health of the baby and the wellbeing of the mother is a lot for someone who didn’t want to make a commitment in the first place.
- Trying to save a doomed relationship by getting pregnant just doesn’t work. In fact, the fear of losing his attention only increases when a baby is tossed into the mix.
- A woman’s hormones create a sense of panic and fear that her partner is going to leave. She becomes overly controlling and concerned about his safety, because she doesn’t want to be left on her own to care for the baby.
- This can put an intense amount of strain on any relationship, but it’s especially detrimental to one that already shows cracks in its foundation. Men don’t want to feel trapped or controlled.
- Don’t try to force closeness by getting pregnant. Instead, take a break and re-evaluate the partnership. You might realize the relationship isn’t worth the struggle any longer, or you could discover a renewed sense of attraction remember, absence can make the heart grow fonder.
- It’s a terrible thing to do. You are considering bringing a child into a completely messed up situation.
- You are considering using a child to accomplish a morally repulsive goal that has little to no chance of success. You will not secure a relationship for yourself by baby trapping him and it isn’t okay. You will be lucky if you secure a relationship between him and the child, but there’s no strong likelihood of that either.
Honestly if a man is not interested in you or making things work a baby will not change his mind. If he does stay he is really interested in a baby not in you. Save yourself the drama.
Leave a Reply